Ongoing: Self-Tape Study + Money 101
Self-Tape Study w/Shaun McComb
The Self Tape Study is an online acting intensive which aims to make the self tape experience as gratifying as possible.
The coaching sessions are primarily one-on-one, therefore the curriculum is co-curated by actor and coach. Scene selection and execution, homework, exercises, self tape assignments, and schedule and deadlines are all personalized to the aspirations and practical needs of the actor. *Audition coaching naturally folds into this format. If an audition comes up, let’s work it.
The Study also offers practices that address story flow, scene analysis, character connection, relationship bonding and environmental awareness for playing in the self tape arena. Fostering prep processes that quickly channel the actor’s imagination into precise play is the Study’s main objective. There are many goals, of course, but that’s the big one.
- Three coaching sessions a month is ideal for maintaining momentum or just dipping your toe in.
- Having four sessions in the books offers comfortable flexibility when accommodating audition coaching.
- Five coaching sessions a month opens a range of possibilities and accommodates frequent auditions handily.
Each month includes:
Private coaching sessions:
– The curriculum is co-created at the beginning of each month.
– Schedule adjustments are anticipated to accommodate audition prep and self tape coaching.
– Each session is 60 – 75 mins.
– After each self tape submission there will be a short follow-up for notes and discussion.
Video Series and Acting Exercises:
– Access to the primary video series on scene analysis and character connection.
– Two new videos released each month, including an acting exercise and further rumination.
Office hours every Tuesday (afternoon or early evening):
– An open door Zoom session held weekly, most often used for consultation, story + analysis discussion, technical prep. and connecting with cohort.
-An opportunity to argue and seek clarity.
To register click here.
CLICK HERE FOR SHAUN’S TESTIMONIALS
“Taking the Self-Tape Study with Shaun has revolutionized my practice.”Christina Fox
Money 101: Business Coaching for Actors w/Cynthia Chan
Do you have anxiety around your finances as an actor?
This program has been designed by Cynthia to help you create a simple organizational system for your finances, with specific focus on saving for taxes (HST + personal instalments), emergency fund and responsible day-to-day spending.
Together in each coaching session, you + Cynthia will create spreadsheets + use other accounting tools to:
– track cash flow
– create an emergency fund for lean times during your acting career
– schedule tax remittances
– save money for fun/guilt-free purchases
– separate your earnings for paying down debt and/or long term savings
What is involved?
3 x 60 min coaching sessions
30 to 60 min of prep before each session
- program can be completed between 3-6 weeks depending your needs + schedule
To register click here.
CLICK HERE FOR CYNTHIA’S TESTIMONIALS
“I was thrilled to participate in Cynthia’s workshop. This topic is not often discussed. As actors our income is very inconsistent and Cynthia created concrete steps on what to do with every paycheque to stay organized come tax season.”Andrew Fleming