Self-Tape Study: Tutorial based training + Audition Coaching w/Shaun McComb
The Study’s philosophy:
The experience of self taping can be artistically satisfying and fun, and should produce compelling storytelling. As the industry standard for auditioning shifts to the self tape format, the accessibility of self taping also offers a forum to continue to train and create work of a high standard consistently.
Students and coach sketch a training plan, refining it as interest and problems and auditions arise. Scene selection, homework, exercises, self tape assignments, and schedule and deadlines are personalized to the aspirations and practical needs of the actor.
Options for study:
(1) Self-Tape Study: Weekend Intensive (in-person)
The two-day workshop aims to elevate your self taping experiences. This is an acting workshop focused on supporting your preparation process moving forward. Along with discussion, the ensemble will collectively examine some performances and prepare an audition to be shot on the final day of the workshop.
Learning points include:
- Staging techniques for contained spaces and tight framing
- Story and scene analysis that is actually fun to use
- Character psychology and physicality
- Working with a Zoom reader effectively
- Concentration and daring yourself to play
Saturday and Sunday, July 15 & 16 – 11-3pm
Fees: $250 ($200 early-bird rate)
Click here to register.
(2) Individual Coaching sessions run approximately 60-70 minutes and are primarily held online.
If you are a NEW STUDENT please fill out the REGISTRATION FORM.
Single, short notice audition coaching:
Self Tape Study pre-booking rates
1 session – $75
2 sessions – $140
3 sessions – $205
4 sessions – $270
For all questions and concerns and for pre-booking email,
CLICK HERE FOR SHAUN’S TESTIMONIALS
“Taking the Self-Tape Study with Shaun has revolutionized my practice.”Christina Fox